Second overtime loss in 2012
The Jaguars suffered their second overtime defeat in 2012 with both games coming on the road and resulting in a 26-23 loss. The Jaguars lost 26-23 at Minnesota on Kickoff Weekend. The two overtime games in a season are tied for the most in team history (1996, 2005).
Another record-setting day for Scobee
Scobee extended his streak of consecutive field goals made to 17, the second-longest streak in team history and the longest streak of his career. He has connected on all 11 field goal attempts through the first six games. He is 19 of 30 (63.3 pct.) in his career from 50-plus yards.
Gabbert leaves game in second quarter with left shoulder injury
In three road games this season, Gabbert has completed 41 of 72 passes for 525 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions for a 98.4 rating.
Running back Rashad Jennings scored his sixth career touchdown with a five-yard run in the second quarter. It marked Jennings’ first touchdown since the 2010 season-finale at Houston.
Jennings saw extended action after
Henne sees extended action in relief of Gabbert
Chad Henne entered the game at the 6:52 mark of the second quarter for injured Blaine Gabbert (left shoulder). Henne was 9 of 20 passing for 71 yards for a 54.4 rating. It marked Henne’s second appearance as a Jaguar as he completed both of his passing attempts against Houston in week two.
Shorts makes first career start; scores on 42-yard pass
Second-year wide receiver Cecil Shorts made his first career start and hooked up with Blaine Gabbert for a 42-yard reception in the first quarter, the second-longest of his career. Shorts finished with a team-high 79 yards on four receptions, tied for the most catches of his career. Of his 12 receptions in six games, five have gone for 20-plus yards.
The Jaguars scored a touchdown in the first quarter for the first time this season when Blaine Gabbert hooked up with Cecil Shorts for a 42-yard scoring play. It marked the Jaguars first touchdown in a span of six quarters and 22 possessions.
Jaguars successful on onside kick
Following a 50-yard field goal by Josh Scobee, the Jaguars were successful on an onside kick by Scobee. Rookie
Sack/forced fumble for Knighton
Cornerback Derek Cox intercepted Carson Palmer in the second quarter, giving him an interception in back-to-back games for the first time in his career. Cox, who leads the team with two interceptions, became the 11th player in team history to accomplish the feat. The Jaguars have an interception in four consecutive games for the first time since 2008.
Anger stays busy
Jaguars remain perfect in red zone
The Jaguars scored a touchdown on their only trip into the red zone against the Raiders, a five-yard run by Rashad Jennings. The Jaguars have only 10 trips to the red through six games but all 10 have resulted in a score. On 10 red zone trips, the Jaguars have scored four touchdowns and had six field goals. Of the club’s 88 points, 45 have been scored in the red zone.
Harris makes Jaguars debut
- The Jaguars led after the first quarter and at halftime for only the second time this season (at Minnesota). The Jaguars were outgained 224 to 54 yards in the second half.
Micheal Spurlockmade his Jaguars debut and returned four punts for an 11.0-yard average including a 28-yard return. Spurlock also had two kickoff returns for 40 yards. He was signed by the Jaguars on Oct. 4.
- Tight end
Marcedes Lewishas 11 receptions for 76 yards in the last three games.
- The Jaguars converted only one of 15 third down attempts.
- The Raiders managed only 69 rushing yards on 26 attempts (2.7 avg.), the fewest by a Jaguars opponent through six games. The Raiders’ 351 total yards were also the fewest by a Jaguars opponent this season.
- The Jaguars had a season-high 17 possessions which resulted in two touchdowns, nine punts, three field goals, a fumble, turnover on downs and a kneeldown at the end of the first half.
- The Jaguars did not allow a touchdown in the first quarter for the third straight game.
- The Jaguars controlled the ball for 30:05, the second-most time of possession through six games (37:49, at Minnesota).
- Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer completed 26 of 46 passes for 298 yrds with one touchdown and one interception for a 74.4 passer rating, the lowest rating by an opposing quarterback through six games.
- Inactives for the Jaguars were DB
Dwight Lowery, LB Daryl Smith, LB Brandon Marshall, DE Ryan Davis, OL Herb Taylor, WR Laurent Robinsonand DT Jeris Pendleton.
- Second-year safety
Chris Prosinskimade his second career start and first of 2012. He also started on Dec. 12, 2011 at Tampa Bay.
- Defensive end
George Selviesaw his first action of the season.
Brad Meesterstarted his 64th consecutive game, tied for the fifth-longest streak in team history. Meester owns the franchise record with 92 consecutive starts from Sept. 3, 2000 through Dec. 4, 2005.