Career day for Blackmon
Second-year wide receiver
Additional notes on Blackmon
- His 190 receiving yards were the second-most of his career (236, 11/18/12 at Houston) and fifth-most in franchise history.
- Has three career 100-yard receiving games including back-to-back games.
- Registered 108 receiving yards in the second half.
- Among his 14 receptions, his longest catch was a 23-yard grab in the first quarter. He also had a 20-yard reception, two for 19 yards and two for 15 yards.
- Was targeted a career-high 20 times.
- Doubled his career-high for receptions in a game.
- Has 19 receptions for 326 yards (17.2 avg.) in two games this season.
Scobee continues streak
Scobee has converted 29 straight field goals in October dating back to 2009. He has not missed a field goal on the road in a span of 15 games and 25 made field goals.
First career touchdown for
Linebacker Paul Posluszny intercepted Peyton Manning with 36 seconds remaining in the first half and returned it 59 yards for his first career touchdown. Posluszny leads the Jaguars with two interceptions through six games and has 11 for his career.
Posluszny’s 59-yard return was the fourth-longest in franchise history and longest by a linebacker. The interception return for a score was the first by a Jaguar since Oct. 15, 2008 against Pittsburgh when Rashean Mathis returned a pick 72 yards. Only nine players in franchise history have returned an interception for a touchdown.
10th career 300-yard game for
Chad Henne completed 27 of 42 passes for 303 yards against the Broncos, his 10th career 300-yard passing game. Henne, who has started three games for the Jaguars in 2013, had seven completions of 18-plus yards.
Another “big play” for Sen’Derrick Marks
The Jaguars signed veteran Sen’Derrick Marks as an unrestricted free agent in the offseason and he is proving his worth through six games. Marks recovered a fumbled snap by Peyton Manning in the second quarter to set up a Jaguars score, his first career fumble recovery. He has three tackles for loss, one sack, one forced fumble and five quarterback hits through six games.
Harris leads team in tackles and gets first career fumble recovery
Jones-Drew carries the load in running game
Additional notes on Jones-Drew
- Increased his career total to 78 career touchdowns (65 rushing, 11 receiving, 2 returns).
- Has recorded 20-plus carries in 34 career games and the Jaguars are 21-13 in those games.
- Finished with two catches and reached 300 receptions for his career. He joined Jimmy Smith (862) and Keenan McCardell (499) as the only players in franchise history with 300 receptions.
Harbor becoming a target
Offense improving weekly
The Jaguars have posted their two highest totals for yards in the last two weeks with 363 yards at St. Louis and 362 against the Broncos. The Jaguars had season-highs in plays (71), time of possession (31:15), passing first downs (15), net yards passing (291), passing attempts (42), completions (27) and rushes (27).
- The Broncos entered the game scoring 50-plus points in back-to-back games. Quarterback Peyton Manning was held below 300 yards passing for the first time since Dec. 16, 2012 against Baltimore, a span of seven games.
Brad Meesterstarted his 199th career game including his 80th consecutive game which is the second-longest streak in team history.
- Rookie safety
Johnathan Cyprienregistered his third forced fumble in six games.
- The Jaguars opened up in a two-tight end set and
D.J. Williamsmade his third career start. Mike Brownsaw action in his second game of the season and fourth of his career. He missed the last four games with a back injury and returned to post a career-high four catches for 49 yards with a long of 19 yards.
- Wide receiver
Stephen Williamsmade his Jaguars debut after joining the club this week via waivers from Seattle.
- The Jaguars outgained the Broncos 175 to 165 yards in the first half.
- The Jaguars finished with a plus-one turnover differential (two fumbles recovered, one interception).
- After allowing touchdowns to the Broncos on their first two drives, the Jaguars held their opponent scoreless in five straight drives to end the first half.
- The Jaguars had eight plays of 18-plus yards.
- The Jaguars have thrown two or more interceptions in four straight games.
- The Jaguars had six 100-yard receiving games by individuals in 2012 and have three through six games in 2013.